Thursday, July 8, 2010

Back to the blackboard

I started my summer math tutoring sessions earlier this week and this evening I began my stint as adjunct professor at Somerset Christian College. I am currently teaching a course in Christian Spiritual Formation and am slated to teach courses in Environmental Science and Christian Ethics during the traditional academic year. The students I am currently working with are in a degree completion program and are highly motivated and very intentional students. I enjoyed meeting each one of them and look forward to our term together.
And about that blackboard - I really did end up writing on a black board this evening - it is real slate! There might be nice things you can do with colorful markers on dry erase boards, but there is something incredibly wonderful about the way chalk writes on slate - and it won't dry out like markers - chalk just breaks and keep on writing. Yeah, I am old school that way, and don't mind one bit.

1 comment:

Amie V said...

agree wholeheartedly about chalk and slate!