Tuesday, April 13, 2010

He's Henry the 8th, He Is

As a shameless fan of all things British (or self avowed Anglophile) it was just a matter of time: I got hooked on the series "The Tudors" when the local library added it to their DVD collection. A problem occurred when I finished watching the third season over the weekend just as the fourth season began to air. Since I don't enjoy a subscription to Showtime, the premium cable channel producing the show, I thought I was about to be forced to wait till the DVD's come out in another 10 months to find out what happens next! (As if I didn't already know the fate of his six wives: 'divorced, beheaded, died; annulled, beheaded, survived') Enter stage right, Tracey Byrne Miller, a high school classmate and friend. She is thusly dubbed "enabler" of my most recent addiction. The photographic evidence above demonstrates she DVR'ed the season premier till I could come view it with her over dinner this evening. It's a blast to be watching a show again with another person in the same room who is as excited about the plot, character treatment, and actors as much as I am!
I'd like to thank Tracey's husband and daughters for letting
us lose our heads (metaphorically speaking that is!)
over the intrigue that is King Henry VIII.






1 comment:

Amie V said...

i watched the first season with my flatmate, and he's seen the second and probably the third... i got part way through the second and our dvr box broke, taking with it three quarters of the season. i've never caught back up. but he's some king, that henry. =D