Friday, August 13, 2010

Back to the apple orchard

I meant to take a photo of the Apple store this afternoon. I went for my first 1 on 1 session after receiving my new MacBook and iPod in the mail this week. I am so happy to be back on a Mac. I had one when during my full-time teacher stint in NJ schools and I then I had a notebook throughout my seminary career. I even was able to loan one from Asbury's technology dept. when mine died the year before graduation. When I returned it before leaving Kentucky, I was actually told I could have kept it if I had wanted. During my time at St. James UMC, I used a church own PC and it worked well enough for the purposes of my ministry. The hard decision came when I returned to full-time student status: Mac or PC? I ended up going with a PC - a Dell - that served me well the last five years and I could easily afford, but it just wasn't a Mac.
I almost cried when I realized how wonderful they were that first semester at PTS when I saw my colleagues' but I have used it faithfully the past five years. I often watched those Mac/PC commercials and often cringed because I understood them firsthand.
For more more than a year now, I've been saving for the Mac and even though I missed having one the past several years, I am glad I am back. I actually scored an iPod with the summer student discount! It's my first legitimate MP3 player and I have so many things to learn! So with the whole kit and kaboodle I got a year's subscription to 1 on 1 services. Having someone help you once a week with all the questions I have as well as show me some fun things and shortcuts is totally worth the price of admission for even a month's worth of sessions, let along the whole year! The trouble is, my head was swimming when I walked out of the store and I totally forgot to take a picture of it. So instead, you get to see the engraving I had put on my iPod for free - it clearly identifies who it belongs to as well as reveals a little something about a television show I have enjoyed since a kid and now love on BBC America....other fans will know exactly who the doctor is.......

1 comment:

Amie V said...

awesome! i love it.

i don't own a mac (too expensive, even with student discounts, booo), but i've had an ipod for six years now and would never go back, even to another mp3 player. i love it, and it's my most prized possession. well, one of them, anyway. =)