Friday, August 27, 2010

Indulging myself

I have plenty of papers to grade, reading to do for my own research, knitting projects to work on, addresses to log into my new computer, notes to write, and cleaning to do. But I am not getting much accomplished no matter how hard I've tried throughout the day. I've been distracted by other things and disgruntled that I am not able to concentrate on what I have on my to-do list -(though I did manage to make a tomato pie, find something I've been looking for the past three days and run a few extraneous errands). I honestly just want to relax on the porch and do my own 'fun' reading. It took me till the middle of the afternoon finally decide it's ok to call a halt to the list and do my own thing. But what to read? Well, even though I am a huge fan of Inspector Morse, I've never actually read Colin Dexter's final installment. I've read the rest of Morse corpus and seen this story on PBS, but I never actually read the final novel.
Since it also involves Robbie Lewis in his last case as a Detective Sergeant, it wasn't a hard choice to make. I am an avid fan of British detective stories - especially ones featured on Mystery! via PBS's Masterpiece Theater. This weekend, PBS begins to air the third season of Lewis, and even though I do miss the cantankerous Morse to some degree, I really do enjoy the interaction of Lewis and his Detective Sergeant, James Hathaway - but that might be because I highly approve of the casting of Laurence Fox for the sidekick role. Regardless, I am getting off of this blog and going to enjoy reading outside until dark.
Maybe once I indulge myself, I can get back to the to-do list......

1 comment:

Amie V said...

you need a little indulging every once in a while. i approve of this one. =D