Saturday, August 7, 2010

No pussy footing around....

I'm not working out like I should. Even Jake is frustrated with me. Getting up and doing the running the past few weeks to train for the 5K has not been going as well as I'd hoped. Mostly I blame the heat. It's like a sauna out there most mornings and whether I'm supposed to run or doing weights and/or pilates I'm just not that into it. I have done the distance in a run/walk routine a few times, but nothing like I'd hoped to do already. Staying up late and reading hasn't helped either. Jake has actually stopped coming upstairs most mornings to see if I am going to take him along for the exercise. I hope this week might be better now that I am admitting it, but there are several warm sauna like mornings in the 10 day forcast that don't make me excited - but I will redouble my efforts and give it another go. Tomorrow we should have temps in the low 60s in the morning - maybe I can get a run in before 7 AM.

1 comment:

Amie V said...

poor jake... hope he hasn't given up on you, and that you're feeling more motivated!