Monday, December 6, 2010

Meat for the Freezer

This morning, my brother once again proved he is a good shot and brought a deer home on the first day of the season for the umpteenth time in his life. I realize this post might be a surprise to some of you who have only known me for the last half dozen years or so. But no doubt, if you are a longtime friend of the family or family member, Jim's marksmanship comes as no surprise. However, it was a slight surprise that I got the phone call a little after 9AM from Dad saying they were headed out of the woods, and I won't say I wasn't a bit relieved. As good a shot as Jim is, it's not like you can always expect to get a deer early in the season or even before lunch on Opening Day. And since Jim only ever takes one day off from work, on the opening day, to go hunting, this is the best time to bring one home. Now his afternoons and weekends aren't so pressured to go out to the woods and 'get some meat for the freezer' as our Nana would say.

No comments: