Friday, December 3, 2010

TGIF!

It's Friday night and I got to go to dinner with three of my favorite people in all the world! It's a near perfect ending to a very long week in front of a computer screen. The evening promises to only get better when my sister-in-law and I inaugurate the Christmas movie viewing season watching the only version of "A Christmas Carol" I ever watched in its entirety. Lorraine hasn't ever seen a version she didn't like, though her preferential favorite is the 1951 version with Alastair Sim. She's put up with having to watch her favorite Christmas ghost story on her own since she married my brother - because he's as big a fan of Charles Dickens as I am. And if you read my post yesterday, you already know how I feel about that author. But, last year, things changed, when in a moment of weakness, I agreed to go see the Disney animated version with Jim Carrey and I actually enjoyed the whole production. So, this year, she purchased it on DVD and we are going to enjoy watching it this evening - maybe we'll manage to get my brother to watch us with it too.....

No comments: