Thursday, December 9, 2010

Winter's Fury: The Nordic Beast

You've heard of the Winter Warlock? The Yeti? The Abominable Snowman? The Bumble Monster? Well, meet the worst of them all - the Nordic Track. This monster is one you can't run from because you have to be moving to propel it. I was too tired to get up this morning and face the Nordic Beast out in the garage, but I did manage to tame it this evening when I got home. Sometimes I wish you could just dial the odometer to the day's goal and call it quits, but it doesn't work like that. This evening I did 5K in 1.5K intervals broken up with weights in between and a 0.5K cool down. At least with the Nordic Track, I have a book holder so I can read fiction and while the skis rack up the distance while I complete the workout.

No comments: