Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Traveling Beverage!

I am ready to return north and thanks to the inspiration of a high school classmate, Sue, I decided the perfect traveling beverage would be a Rt. 44 diet cranberry limeade from Sonic. Traveling beverages are what Alicia called the drinks that fortified you for road trips. I used to go to Sonic back in seminary in Kentucky where all the people from the Midwest like Nancy and John helped me figure out that my favorite was a diet cherry limeade. New Jersey only just got a few recently and I haven't had a Rt. 44 drink since maybe last year when I was in Texas when Tina (from Ohio) and I decided to stall for time before surprising Alicia for her birthday. I came to this sonic north of Richmond with a classmate, Elizabeth last year some time. So, when Sue mentioned last week that she tried the cranberry limeade, I decided that it was worth a try being December and all. This is the very first solo Sonic run I've made though I felt a little loss for the company of friends riding with me I was glad to be able to chat to a few on the phone on my ride back to Jersey. Having a traveling beverage like a Rt. 44 is helpful on the return stretch of a boomerang ride like this one.

1 comment:

Amie V said...

i love the route 44 drinks! my favourite in college was a cherry dr pepper (before they brought it out in cans...i like to think i invented it.) i can't wait to get further south and have one...