Friday, December 10, 2010

Tis the Season

for eggnog ice cream! The only way it could be better than this is to live in Ohio and have Graeter's egg nog ice cream freshly churned in the french pot paddle cream process done 2 gallons at a time. But that option is not feasible right now (and if you know anything about current events in Kentucky, you know that Graeter's ice cream parlors closed statewide about two weeks ago). I've never been forced to ship Graeter's to my locale here on the East Coast - I prefer to go to a parlor with friends when I visit the western edge of the time zone. So, when in Jersey in the month of December, I am happy with the option Turkey Hill provides. It's creamy and tastes better than the liquid variety - homemade or even some commercial varieties available in the diary section. It's not Graeter's - but then, nothing else really is.