Friday, January 21, 2011

Cookies for class

I decided to bake some oatmeal cookies for my class tomorrow. And I totally forgot to take some pictures early in the prep, so we go from dough to tin for this blog entry.
I did the basic Quaker Oats recipe - and have included the recipe at the end.

Once the batter was out of the bowl, Jake obliged me by pre-washing the bowl.
Almost done, but not quite.
Cooling off.
Ready for class tomorrow afternoon.

Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1 stick + 6T butter, softened
3/4 C brown sugar (packed)
1/2 C white sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 1/2 C flour
1 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon
3 C Quaker oats
1 C raisins (I used craisins)

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; beat till fluffy. Sift flour, soda and cinnamon together. Stir into batter. Stir in oats and raisins.

Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Cool for 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire racks. Store tightly covered.

No comments: