Tuesday, January 4, 2011

So early I missed the grease trucks

I've said before, one of the benefits of being in NJ is being able to use the libraries of my various alma maters. This morning, I returned a few loans to a main branch of the Rutgers University Libraries on College Avenue. I didn't use the Alexander Library too much during my undergraduate days over on Cook Campus. However, when I began taking education classes I as an non-matriculted masters student during my public school teaching days I began to get acquainted with it. It's still highly relevant to my research and work in Christian Education. Ironically, the books I borrow directly from Alexander would have to be secured via inter-library loan if I was still residing on the campus in Virginia. So all things considered, it works pretty nicely to my advantage that I have the Alexander Library at my disposal - plus it's rather conveniently located within my Central Jersey jaunts. And an added bonus benefit is that my occasional trips to College Avenue allow me to reminisce at the RU "grease trucks" and get a cup of cocoa or a cheesesteak! But alas, this morning, I was on campus so early AND it was semester break that the grease trucks weren't even open yet that I didn't bother to stop and photograph them....so I passed on by, forced to stick to any New Year's resolutions I made about eating healthier.

No comments: