Monday, January 3, 2011

Why I am glad there are no reading police.....

On the tenth day of Christmas, I like many of the rest of my friends, went back to the regular daily routine now that public schools have resumed session. With more than a week off, I needed to get my brain back into gear and find some focus...so after lunch I found myself a particularly pleasant place to do some reading....

And there it was, a nice sunny bright spot in which I could read and get my head back into concepts I only thought of peripherally during the past week. What I didn't count on was the sunny spot would concentrate the winter's rays and transform them into a narcotic and promptly put me to sleep.
Sure, I'd like to point fingers. However, I can't blame Randy Maddox, John Wesley or even God at all for my lack of foresight into the accidental napping that occurred. Truly, it was a case of "irresponsible afternoon reading " in unfiltered sunlight on my part. I am guilty....but thankful for the grace that will help me rise above these mistakes and find a better way tomorrow.

1 comment:

Amie V said...

i think sometimes unintentional napping is a very necessary part of reading. especially study reading. ;)