Wednesday, February 17, 2010

After the cows came home

I spent eleven years in southern regions with just sporadic snowfall and missed seeing the snow blanket the landscape before melting away within a day or so. Therefore, I couldn't help but snap a few extra photos of the countryside on my ride home from Princeton late this afternoon.

I really do like fence lines


One of the nearly dozen one lane bridges I cross on a regular basis


He was meandering around the farm
and paused obligingly to have his picture taken.


When I got home, the new snowshoe bindings arrived in the mail. Dad wanted some help checking his sap buckets on a friend's property. Hopefully the thaw coming the next few days will not only produce sap but reduce the snow drifts so he won't be held up collecting sap until I get home each day.

No comments: