Friday, February 5, 2010

Sharp skates!


My dad spent the day getting skates sharpened.
My nephew carried his out of the house but left them in the yard.
So, while Grandpop returned home for skates, Luke found his tracks from Wednesday.


My niece had hers and practiced turning by following the face-off circle
the hockey players painted on the ice.



School's out! Time to play hockey -
the neighborhood kids showed up and they were fierce!


Grandpop returned with the skates but the
hockey stick and puck were in my brother's truck.
If you know Grandpop you know how nervous I was with his
multiple knee and hip replacements out here.
I wish for him that he could skate - he misses it very much.



Sarah getting her groove on in a slush free
path carved after Wednesday's snow.

I knew Grandpop had the camera but I didn't realize
my skills were being photographed.

Luke and I played "Auntie skate backwards and pull me till I fall!"


"Skate fast, Auntie, really super fast!"


Sarah and I practiced circles
with Grandpop's handy walking stick.

She really is getting the hang of it.


Then they invented the ice train! All aboard!


It's been a good week of skating.
Hoping the blizzard doesn't destroy skating conditions
but looking forward to a snow day and enjoying the weekend.

No comments: