Thursday, February 18, 2010

Biscuit Dough not Biscuit Done



I am one of those people who can't wear wool without breaking out into hives. Still, I love and adore hand knit items regardless of who makes them - but if the item is made for me, it can not have even the slightest hint of wool - no lamb, sheep, angora, llama, alpaca, or any other itchy fiber in the yarn if I am expected to wear it comfortably.
Recently, I was inspired to knit a sweater for myself. With my mother's vast knowledge of yarn and yarn houses we found an acrylic yarn in the proper weight and I chose a tweed called "biscuit" that I thought was very pretty for spring. I ordered it almost two weeks ago and have been anxiously awaiting its arrival so I can get started on the project and take it with me on some traveling I will do next week.
When I arrived home this afternoon, I discovered the yarn arrived. I eagerly ripped into the package expecting to spend my evening watching the Olympics and knitting my gauge. However, I am rather disappointed to find out biscuit is darker and more beige than the creamy color depicted on the internet or catalogue. It is a nice color, but not the color I wanted for a spring jacket. It is no problem to return it for a refund or an exchange. I'm just delayed in starting my project. It has just been one of those days - not bad - just filled with numerous starts and stalls is all. It hasn't been unproductive, just not as productive as I imagined or hoped it to be. C'est la vie.

1 comment:

Amie V said...

*sigh* frustration. i love it. =/