Sunday, February 21, 2010

The M&M B&B

I'm in Richmond, VA this afternoon in prep for some meetings I will have on campus tomorrow. The fun of out of state travels is that I get to stay with friends. This evening I am at the home of Cindy Lee who has a favorite college team she cheers for 24/7, 12 months of the year. Here is a shot of Hokie Heaven. Maroon and orange are not just autumnal colors but fashion forward (don't ya know?). Tonight tip off is 7:45 against Duke (and I'll be in Durham tomorrow night!) Believe me I will enjoy watching Cindy and her Hokie friends Irene and Randy Leech watch the game.

The M& M references Mavis and Mevin the resident kittys who run the home.



Everything is VT here - even the fan finial.


The Hokie tree



The mantle piece. The picture of Cindy Lee in the upper left corner
is with Frank Beamer. I heard he coached the football team for a few years.


Another view of Hokie Haven


At age 6, Cindy's nephew Wil proved himself to be a
true fan and a fine artist in the eyes of his everlovin' aunt.
P.S. I'm informed (from reliable sources) that there are 199 days till opening game of football season (that's VTech's season) against Boise State in Washington DC on Labor Day Weekend.






No comments: