Tuesday, February 23, 2010

At the Shive B&B


I'm in Greenville, NC this evening for an overnight visit. Once upon a time, from Oct. 2002-May 2005 Greenville was where I lived and St. James UMC was the church I served as Minister of Adult Discipleship. Today, I met with the Board of Ordained Ministry in Garner, NC as part of my ordination process to be a deacon in the United Methodist Church.



I stopped by the church late this afternoon to say hi and went to dinner with my friend Marianne - who turned out to be my argyle twin today!


My overnight accommodations are courtesy of the Shives. Lanie and Danny put me up when I am in town. These days the sun room is occupied by Elliott, the furry grandchild. Lanie and Danny's daughter Kim is here in town while her husband Gregg is serving a chaplain with the Army in Afghanistan.
I am having a great time visiting people on my quick dash south for meetings. I wish I could stay longer and visit more but I have promises in NJ to keep and miles to go before I sleep in my own bed tomorrow night.

No comments: