Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cause that's the way we roll....

This morning I stated in my facebook status that I was a "Holy Spirit loving Methodist kinda girl" and I intend to give myself a red mani/pedi today in preparation for Pentecost tomorrow. I received enjoyable and fun responses as well as noticed that several friends in congregational leadership are urging their parishioners to wear red to church tomorrow. My day has been too crammed packed with an opportunity to pamper myself yet, but I have assembled the necessary accouterments to spend a little down time this evening relaxing.
Though the red color selection is liturgically matched for the celebration of Pentecost, I must confess the polish is NOT named "Ruach Red". Ruach is the Hebrew word used to describe the Breath of God, similar to the wind or tongues of flame and fire which descended upon the apostles gathered in Jerusalem as described in Acts 2:1-4 as the Holy Spirit was poured out on the people of God. Regardless of the Christian denominational house you may worship in tomorrow, wearing red tomorrow is witness to the fact that you've got a bit of the Holy Spirit!

1 comment:

Amie V said...

there's a market there for religious-themed cosmetics, methinks... ;)