Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Birthday, Sarah!

My niece, Sarah, turned seven years old today! She gave me permission to make her a surprise cake. So I conspired with her mother about making a Sarah look-a-like cake dressed up in the sweet yellow dress she wore for Easter and for the wedding last month. I was rather pleased with the results.
When Luke saw it this morning,
he knew immediately it was his sister.
By the afternoon he had placed his request to have a
"me cake" for his 5th birthday in the fall!
I've heard that "mini me" cakes often present difficulties for people to cut and then consume. But Sarah had no problem preforming surgery on her little confection self at all! She obliged people to give them the piece they wanted (her brother wanted to eat her hair!). We certainly enjoyed making silly jokes about how good she tasted - what a weird cannibalistic bunch we make!


Honestly, I am glad she requested chocolate cake.
I think a red velvet cake would have been
a little hard for me to handle!


1 comment:

Amie V said...

that's so cool! =)