Friday, May 21, 2010

Rinsed off and Ready for Summer

Among the several nice features of The Homestead is the porch. After a stormy winter and spring it needed cleaning to be ready for the warm days and pleasant evenings ahead. So this afternoon, I cleared off the wood pile, swept up the accumulated twigs, bark, and debris that comes with a wood pile, and made a few spiders homeless before rinsing the whole kit and kaboodle down with the hose. I also got the stained glass panels I made for my parents once upon a time in North Carolina hung up for the season. It felt good to use the hose on a hot afternoon like today that after I snapped this shot I went over to the drive and washed my car. Now, I am ready to relax and enjoy the porch. If only the other weekend warriors in the surrounding area would turn off their lawn mowers, chain saws and, other motorized machines I might be able to enjoy the evening and hear the peepers in the pond above. But I can't blame them for wanting to get a jump on their weekend chores so they can be done and over to enjoy their leisure time, can I?

1 comment:

Amie V said...

*jealous* what a great porch! i miss having a porch. we have a back garden that is completely overgrown and with no furniture. it's a total bummer. i don't really have anywhere nearby i can sit out and enjoy the nice weather. and we've actually had some nice weather lately! so enjoy it for me? =)