Tuesday, June 22, 2010

One more get-up

In 24 hours, I don't know exactly what I will be doing, but right now, I imagine myself sitting on the porch and enjoying doing nothing. Tomorrow is the last day of school for Princeton Regional School District and I am looking forward to the change of pace that comes with the end of the school year and summertime. Actually, I will actually be doing some instruction for them this summer as well - but it won't be till after the 4th of July - and the hours will be greatly reduced which might be sad for my paycheck, but good for the research and reading that I have to do towards the dissertation I am trying to write.
The title of today's blog is courtesy my former colleague, Clare, who used to count down school days by the times we had to "get up and get going" to go to school. She believed that once you got up and got moving the day was downhill from there - which most people would believe is positive thinking - and it is - but then one reason so many of us like to have Clare as our friend is because she could manage to put a positive, perky spin on anything - just like her hero Pollyanna!

No comments: