Sunday, June 27, 2010

That's what friends are for......

Since sometime in April, I've been spending Sunday evenings at my friend Tracey's house watching the last season of The Tudors on Showtime with her. A few weeks ago, her husband Jeff and their daughters showed off the trophies they had won at a car show with Jeff's Bronco. Being the owner of a classic car myself, I asked a little more than just the politely interested questions. Last week, Jeff inquired after my sewing abilities as he wanted to custom fit the roof of the Bronco to some modifications he had done to the the front of the vehicle. One thing lead to another and I ended up bringing my sewing machine to their house this evening. (And yes, you Tudor fans, the show ended last week, but Tracey and I are going to spend summer Sunday evenings watching other productions about other Tudors; Elizabeth, Mary, Henry, etc. from a local library) After a simply scrumptious shrimp scampi meal, prepared by Tracey, I did my best to alter the top of the Bronco according to Jeff's specifications. Sometimes, you just don't know what having a few sewing skills (and a more than passing interest in classic cars) will get you.

No comments: