Saturday, June 5, 2010

see how the garden grows

Several weeks ago we toured Dad's garden here at the Homestead and before everything is harvested, I thought I might get a few shots recorded now that nearly everything is planted.
Above is the herb garden just out the kitchen for easy cutting during food prep.
I did a major operation on this mint plant at the end
of last year and pleased with its progress.

Lettuce - already making tasty salads

Leeks - a new crop for the garden

Tomatoes with scallions across from them

Squash - with Al foil to keep away the grubs.
There are at least 6 plants all together.


String beans, lima beans and something else.

Zinnias, cosmos, other flowers to bloom later this summer

2 comments:

Amie V said...

i was just talking yesterday about how i miss being able to grow my own foods... i'm totally jealous of your dad's garden! =D

Grace Whisperer said...

Okay, please tell me about how the Aluminum foil keeps the grubs away! I'm so curious! We've got grubs like crazy, and this is my first year as an adult gardener. LOL... We purchased Milky Spore which is supposed to kill the grubs "organically".