Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Good Mexican food - but not in NJ!!!

I made a pit stop in Rocky Mount, NC to have dinner with my friend Ursula and her kids this evening on my way to Greenville for Annual Conference with the Methodist Church of North Carolina. Due to a programming malfunction with the satellite navigation system, it took me longer than expected to arrive at her house (meaning my finger must have errantly selected the wrong street in the list I had to choose from) but when I arrived she greeted me with good news - we'd go have Mexican for dinner if I thought I might want some! I thought I couldn't get to the restaurant fast enough - and I was so touched that she has been following my blog. Her son Chris was happy to munch on a chip and pose for the camera. Trust me, there is some really great fresh salsa sitting just on my side of the chip basket! Chris is in a good mood as school is over for the year and World Cup starts on Sunday - yeah, I know it starts before that, but Chris is only interested in Germany. For those of you who were classmates of Ursula you might be wondering about how Germany figures into the equation - and there are no obvious answers, b/c she is wondering too. Regardless of the enigmatic whims of teenagers, he and his sister were good company and excited to share their respective summer plans with one of mom's 'old' friends.

See, the good Mexican food is in NC!
Thanks, Ursula, for a great pits stop - I'll have to give that satnav another go the next time I come down from Jersey!


1 comment:

Amie V said...

*jealous* *no, really. jealous*

and germany is okay. around here, you can root for anyone who isn't england. ;)