Saturday, June 12, 2010

Road Trip Heaven


I might miss diners, good pizza, decent bagels, and lebanon baloney when I don't live in NJ. But living in NJ for the past year means I miss some things I've come to love living in other places. Fortunately, my route between The Homestead and Greenville, NC (or Richmond, VA) has Chick-fil-a restaurants on both the north bound and south bound sides of the road. As long as the timing is right, the pit stop is a matter of just pulling off the road and not having to bother with a jug handle or reversing direction. Such was my ride north this afternoon. AND I managed to time the road trip during Chick-fil-a's special summer peach milkshake promotion! It's a meal in and of itself, and in my opinion, quite honestly, just perfect for an early summer Saturday road trip. Yum!



3 comments:

Amie V said...

*sigh* you're killing me with the food lately. ;)

tammiemg said...

Well, I am STILL trying to figure out the floating 'e' in the milk shak e bar on your side of the pond! Every and any time it has been mentioned or pictured, I have craved a Chik-fil-a shake.
Yes, the trip South was wonderfully delectable - and I didn't mention that the folks I sat with at AC chose a Mexican place for lunch on Thursday b/c they knew I was craving it!! Yes, 2x in less than 24 hours - and the lunch place in G'ville made fresh guacamole at your table!!!

Amie V said...

*drooling* food is the thing i miss the most about the states, aside from my nephew and niece. =)

the milk shak ebar is because the milk shakebar in stirling has a square sign outside that apparently can only hand four letter per line... so it literally reads 'milk shak ebar'. which cracks us up, so we use it. =D