Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Road Trip with Dad Pt. I

Lincoln, Maine is the home of 13 lakes. It is also the town where Dad's truck was repaired. I managed to line this shot up and take it just a little after 5 PM. It might have a lovely foreground, but the rainbow arch that had been there moments before managed to disappear.

Here's proof that the rainbow existed - not a great shot, but it was there!

By this point of the day, we'd been driving since 5AM and still had another 2 hours in front of us to get to our overnight accommodations at Uncle Butch and Aunt Jan's. We were road warriors though, eating our fast food meal on the road after we dropped the rental car off an hour south of this place. Happily, our lunch had been spent at a fabulous spot called Stonyfield Cafe in Falmouth, ME. (They make a great yogurt I regularly get when I can find it. I really loved my salad - too bad the only one they have is there in Maine!) My friend Ruth, from swimteam days, recommended the spot just off the interstate when I called her mid-morning and met us with her three kids. Ruth and I had been in carpools together for so many years, she totally understood the delicate balance of wanting to visit longer but the need to get back on the road and accomplish the mission at hand. It was so great to see her that I didn't realize until I started uploading my pix that I managed to take none of the principal players of whom I mention in these two road-trip posts!
Back in Lincoln, the weather vein is more proof
of being in Maine: loons - not roosters.

The moose are on the loose in Maine

(We actually did see a young bull moose scamper across I-95
the next day but it was so fast he was gone before we could get the picture.)





1 comment:

Amie V said...

i often forget to take pictures of the people i'm so happy to see, as well...