Monday, March 22, 2010

Birthday cupcakes!

Last week, as I prepared to make scones for the Lenten study snack, my mother asked several times, "What will you make for next week's study?" I figured she was angling for hot cross buns, which is true, but I want to wait till Holy Week (next week) to make them. I really had no idea what I wanted to make at all for this week's study. Then, yesterday, at church, the situation resolved itself when I discovered it today is the birthday of one of the regular attendees of the Monday evening study. Thanks to my Wilton cake decorating skills, a little extra heavy cream in the fridge, and the Cake Doctor Cookbook, I whipped up a batch of lemon cupcakes frosted with whip cream icing decked out for spring to celebrate Pat's birthday.


The birthday girl! She's a real blessing to us all.

No comments: