Friday, March 12, 2010

what time is it?

I know there are some of you reading this excited about the "extra hour" of daylight coming on Sunday. I hate to inform you of this fact, but there will be no "extra hour" on Sunday, it will be taken away from the morning's sunlight. Instead of waking up and rising with the sun, it will be dark in the morning now. I don't know why we think changing the clock gives us more than what we had before - it just changes how it is distributed. And in actuality, there is one less hour to the weekend than normal. Springing ahead actually means losing an hour out of the weekend. I know there are pros and cons to the whole springing ahead thing. I thought about listing all the cons and the reasons I dislike it so much, but since I am already losing an hour out of my weekend I'm going to use the remaining time I have allotted to me this weekend by spending it in other pursuits. Maybe when we get the hour back in the fall, I'll use that time then to express fuller thoughts on the silliness of thinking we can manipulate time. For now, I am pretending it the clocks have already moved ahead. I don't have to be anywhere on time till church Sunday morning.

No comments: