Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pennies in Princeton




I had one of those run-around days today. Rescheduling students within hours of their original appointments for other times, one later for the afternoon, the other for an hour earlier than planned. Another student canceled as I drove up to the home. Because the one student wanted to meet an hour earlier meant I had a thirty minute window in which to find something 'interesting' to take my 5PM blog photo. Because of traffic, I also was now unable to get the slice of pizza I had been thinking about all day long from a pizzeria I like. So, I stopped for a few minutes in my old standby and favorite bakery in Princeton, the Witherspoon Bread Co. and got a piece of focaccia bread with onion. I figured the store front picture would suffice for the photo and then I turned around.......
And saw the parking meter had exploded pennies!

I think someone had a crazier day than I did.
Curious thing is, the parking meters in Princeton don't accept pennies.


The kicker was that when I got to the home of the moved up appointment, the kid was too ill to come down for his session. Sitting at their dining room table waiting on him for a half hour,I got some paperwork done and now hopefully will get lots of knitting done on that sweater tonight!

1 comment:

Amie V said...

i'd have picked 'em all up and spent them on something... or put them in my piggy bank. how funny!